Tuesday, October 25, 2016

a pair of trainers and a bike

A few weeks ago I left my purse on a bus. I also needed some new trainers. I found a pair I liked but did not have the cash, I spoke with the sails assistant and she warned me that in a few days I might be too late. I made it back nearly a week later, and as I arrived she was putting a pair of trainers on the shelf. 'I was just thinking about you' she said. 'These are similar but £5 cheaper.
I have been praying that God will bless all the people who bless me at this time. Simple little things like this help me to remember how loved and precious I am to God. I asked her her name and we talked about the weather and how she likes to walk the hills around the area as many friends are away at uni. I suggested she tried cycling too and she told me that she would like a bike but would have to save up for one.
I was in two minds to give her my own bike. The following week a bloke from my Church was chatting about several bikes clogging up his shed.
I asked if I could have one for someone I wanted to bless.
That night I rode this bike home and deposited it at her shop.
The sales assistant on duty sent for someone of the same name but it wasn't her. This other young lady said 'Are you Mel? .. She said she had talked with you
about getting a bike'.


No comments:

Post a Comment